hello.

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
martin.p

hello.

Post by martin.p »

Hi ,I've just joined, found out about this site while reading a diffrent car forum. this is now the 3rd one I'm on.
I'll come clean strait away... I've got a C20LET but its not in a cav.... but its Not in a Nova!! or a corsa... its in a calibra 4x4 where it was put by vauxhall. hope I'm still welcome?
I'm re building my cally and want as much as i can find to read up on about the LET.
even though I've had her 3 yr, theres always more to learn imo.
so teach away :lol:
martin
C20letlad

Re: hello.

Post by C20letlad »

how do mate welcome to the site its good to see people looking after the calibra as like the fate of the cavs the calibras have been stripped to death

ive had a 16v cally and a turbo cally liked them both but the wife was not a great fan !

i look forward to seeing a few pics up of your progress
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark
martin.p

Post by martin.p »

thanks for welcome.
on one hand its a pitty so many cav' and callys have fell to there death for a hot hatch. but it dose make what we have that little bit more special. hence why mine has become the dry run summer car and getting the TLC it should have.
here is what I have.

and how she looks at the min. only just startedtaking it to bits. engine should be out this weekend.
C20letlad

Post by C20letlad »

i do like them in the green and it look very tidy

whats on the list of things to do ??

martin.p

Post by martin.p »

Well the list is ever growing.
I reason for pulling it to bits is its been leaking oil from around the dizzy and the cooling fan blows it back on to everything. and around rocker cover so it was a remove engine, clean it down, clean out engine bay, clean treat any rust found. tart up engine with paint. refit then strip all the under side of car, clean it up paint it so no rust. then re spray body. but I've just bought a hybrid kkk16 turbo and full set of coolant hoses red injectors (not sure if there going in or not yet) and looking at new IC.bar and plate type. bit bigger than the FMIC I've got. enlarged top hat, new clutch. and I should really strip and re build engine while its out.
all I want is the car to not rust. but I keep buying other bit for it as I go about my task :roll:
C20letlad

Post by C20letlad »

i take it you have saab reds ?
pop up the number or a pic and we will see if they are the right ones as there are a few diffrent ones, is it a eds top hat ?
and if its not broken dont try and fix it lol
as for rust its the biggest bug bite for all of us are you still running the standard 4x4 ? as we have a bleeding guid that will help you

martin.p

Post by martin.p »

I'll have to get the red's from my lock up next time i'm there. but yes saab reds. not sure about top hat yet. mOOk had a slightly larger one he wanted to swap for smaller std one (on cc.com) but I was a bit late seeing thread. I've looked at TX autosport ones but with them the cover cant be put back on.. and I quite like it on.

when you say std 4x4 do you mean hydralic set up?? if so yes, It had a brand new accumulator bulb from cav16 last yr. and new tx oil every 3000mi with engine oil.
I dont like the sound of the crew locked box (ok its stronger) but when the car breaks down it would have to be on a trailer or lorry as you cant tow on a dolly trolly. and lets face it its a 15 yr old car!!!
and the 'bleeding guid that will help you'?? guessing thats the bleeding of the PAS system via the alan key grub screw on the solinoid block.
Cav 16 = bookmarked 8-)
Last edited by martin.p on 25 Aug 2011, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
martin.p

Post by martin.p »

the thing I've been reading about when it comes to the reds is.. its all about the fueling. and NEEDS to be set up with a wideband AFR meter. There are people running 300hp ish on std yellow with cosworth FPR and fuel well. and people on reds running well.
From what I've read, the fuel pump and wireing can make a difrence as well.
So I'm going to get it back together, get it tested. if its lean and cant be corrected with FPR then I'll fit reds and hope that fix's.
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Nowt wrong with the Calibra Turbo, thats where my first turbo fix came from :D

martin.p

Post by martin.p »

Hi, thats a tidy looking calibra you had there.
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Yup, loved that car, looked standard from the outside, no badges, etc, different front seats, reyland brakes, p2, FMIC..

Was almost quick enough :lol:
ads

Post by ads »

welcome to the CTOC mate, not really a fan of the calibra, but must admit i like the look of yours, and it seems you have some good plans for it.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........