it was only a matter of time...

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
humbucker

it was only a matter of time...

Post by humbucker »

hey all. thought i'd better put up a message in this forum now that i'm a cavalier turbo owner; i bought turbonic's satin red tubby at the weekend.

some will know me from other forums (i'm site admin over at http://www.cavmk3oc.com) as well as some of the clubs and i'm also a total vauxhall features contributor.

very pleased with the new purchase. planning to keep her more or less standard and in tip top shape. wanted to pick up a turbo now before good ones become too scarce/expensive and after eyeing up a few nicci's fit the bill. i was after a satin red one that was more or less standard and that's what i ended up with :) i'll start a project thread at some point so will post some snaps in the not-too-distant.

i only picked the car up last night and i already have a couple of questions re the txb, so i'll find the appropriate place to pop a question. thanks in advance for your advice.

:)
Last edited by humbucker on 17 Oct 2011, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
specks

Re: it was only a matter of time...

Post by specks »

evening captain,you have had it a day,make with the pics....
Liam

Post by Liam »

Congrats, Seems like you got one the better ones left mate, just needs a standard set of wheels now and it'll look the dogs danglies imo 8-) whats up with your txb?
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
humbucker

Post by humbucker »

thanks specks, sadly it was dark when i left this morning and dark when i got back so no chance of some pics. i'll aim to get some up before week is out ;)

liam, i took the car with the standard wheels :) i love the turbo rims but sorta always though they looked too small. woulda been perfect in 17"s. will be keeping them though, my v6 is the one for playing, i want to keep the tubby near standard (for now ;) )

the txb issue i was experiencing is outlined here:
http://www.cavalier-turbo.com/forum/vie ... =20&t=1551
Liam

Post by Liam »

Yeah i just seen the other thread now, :roll: . As for the turbo wheels, all my mates tell me to swap them for 18's and stuff but the fans are proper retro cool 8-)
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
specks

Post by specks »

i have had many sets on the cav and now sticking with the stardard wheels,only other set of wheels i will ever concider is a set of technomagnesium detroits i think there called,same set m00k has on his,wanter a set for years but never come up for sale :(
humbucker

Post by humbucker »

m00k's got standard rims on his, he's a purist at heart(!) although i think ron had the wheels you mention on his gsi? are these the ones you mean? they do look smart:

ads

Post by ads »

as said on cavmk3 mate , you have yourself a nice tubby there, and welcome to cav turbo ownership, you havnt got to be mad, but it helps, LOL
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

Nice Cav turbo there mate. Stay on top of the maintenance and you'll be fine. I saw this at PVS and it was a clean car.
humbucker

Post by humbucker »

cheers guys, yeah im thrilled to bits with the car, it seems to be a really good one and im really happy to have the old girl here. nicci and heath have taken good care of the car while they owned her so i'm lucky in that respect. buying from enthusiasts is almost always a bonus, especially when you can trace much of the cars recent history online :)

rix, i finally got one, you can sleep easy tonight :lol:
Bennymac

Post by Bennymac »

Dan are you keeping the air-con ?
I am desperate for an aircon pipe and I was sure Nicci disconnected hers ....
storiegsi

Post by storiegsi »

Welcome to the elite club mate. :lol: :lol:
A griffin is for life not just for christmas!!!!

Unfortunately christmas is cheeper!!!!
Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

specks wrote:i have had many sets on the cav and now sticking with the stardard wheels,only other set of wheels i will ever concider is a set of technomagnesium detroits i think there called,same set m00k has on his,wanter a set for years but never come up for sale :(
It was knuckles who had them, he then sold them on. Wannabe has some on his black turbo and they look quite smart.
humbucker

Post by humbucker »

Bennymac wrote:Dan are you keeping the air-con ?
I am desperate for an aircon pipe and I was sure Nicci disconnected hers ....
sorry pal, keeping it in as planning to restore the air con at some point in the not-too-distant. did i read online that you had problems with the air con system leaking the charge when she was in your custody? i'll have to have a chat with you to get some further info on the history of the car at some point, would be interesting to find out more about it in addition to what nicci and heath told me or if you have any pics you'd be happy to share for 'the archive' i'll be putting together :)
storiegsi wrote:Welcome to the elite club mate. :lol: :lol:
thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here! :)
specks

Post by specks »

thats the wheels,i was sure m00k had a set,sure i seen them on it,may have been some in his garage from a pic he put up ages ago,but was a satin red turbo they were on.