Loveing my new purchase :)

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
lambo

Loveing my new purchase :)

Post by lambo »

Hi all,my names andy and i picked my self up a lovely cav turbo at the weekend and saved it from the scrap heap in the sky :)

Its a satin red example on a M plate,got it from a chap way down south of the country where it had been stood in his garden for the last 18mths or so!!!!

It needs some work doing,the paint work is chinned,the laquer is peeling off all over it but body work and paint work is my game/trade so thats not a problem ;)

Rust wise its the best original cav iv ever seen,the rear archs are mint and un touched,body is stright and almost dent free and i am very happy with that,less work for me when i come to sort the paint out ;)

Its done 94k and the engine is sweet as a nut,runs like a dream and goes as it should for a standard example :)

Had it on the ramp today and its never been welded and needs none!!!! :D

Pics to follow shortly,once iv worked out how to do um!

Cheers all and i look forward to my stay,i feel im going to be here for a while ;)
Turbo Rix

Re: Loveing my new purchase :)

Post by Turbo Rix »

Sounds like you bought the one of MK2 Cav. Don't you own the blue Hatch SRi too?
lambo

Post by lambo »

Hey :)

Yes it is and yes i do own a mk2 cav sri also :)

And im currently breaking a j plate mk3 gsi if you need anything?! :P

Ow,and im also very friendly with mr mike heywood so if anybody needs me to poke him in the ribs about anything then let me know as hes only 20mins away from me ;)
Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

lambo wrote:Hey :)

Yes it is and yes i do own a mk2 cav sri also :)

And im currently breaking a j plate mk3 gsi if you need anything?! :P

Ow,and im also very friendly with mr mike heywood so if anybody needs me to poke him in the ribs about anything then let me know as hes only 20mins away from me ;)
Front near side 4 stud hub needed for my Cally.

The Cav SRi was looking awesome. I read the restoration on CC. A lot of effort gone in to that. Keep up the work pal. If the Cavalier turbo is gonna end up anything like that it should be good.

Best of luck with your new project and don't forget to PM us regarding the hub.

Cheers.
lambo

Post by lambo »

Thanks chap very mucho :)

Yup when i build cars i do them properly,ask mike about the body work i done for him on his satin red cav a few years ago ;)

And yes,now iv seen how clean this shell is iv got plans and have already been speaking to mr heywood about power and of course one of his mighty transfer box locking kits :P
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi and welcome, just seen your other thread with pics of your cavs. i liiiiikkkee!
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
ads

Post by ads »

welcome to the CTOC mate, look forward to seeing this work in progress, always nice to see cav turbos being saved from the breakers, well done mate
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
AdsLoonyturbo

Post by AdsLoonyturbo »

In was gonna have this cav if u didnt matey :lol: mike told me about it but glad u got it :lol: u sorted mikes ole cav turbo when it was side ended by sum van driver did yah?
374bhp+ screamer with a pipe to flame
lambo

Post by lambo »

I know twas you that was going to have it buddy,mike has told me all about you!!! ;)

And yes i did,that was quite a nasty shunt,came out perfect :)

Is his old shell still going around?

And i wana a passsenger ride in your rocket mate :P

Cheers
Andy
AdsLoonyturbo

Post by AdsLoonyturbo »

Trig on here has it iirc matey :D hope its all good news :lol: and sure we'll sort sumthing out.
374bhp+ screamer with a pipe to flame
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Yeah its still alive and well..
lambo

Post by lambo »

Heres some pics of the ol girl,looking a bit specail with its gash choice of wheels,red sri bumper inserts?!?!?! (wtf) and its off roading ride height!! lol

Am very happy with it,the body is straight and am still amazed at it never haveing been welded and not needing any!!!! :D

Pics for follow as and when i start to work on it.

Mr mike hayward is popping by some time in the next week to have a butchers,am guna try and talk him into getting another cav tubby,we all know its what he really wants for xmas?!! ;)

Cheers
Andy