Hey folks

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
scaifey22

Hey folks

Post by scaifey22 »

Just a quick hello to all on here. Not been around for a while!! You may remember me, my car was L224 LUX silver Cav Turbo. Last I heard it was off the road in Wales?! Well I have a Skoda Octavia 2008 vRS at the mo. Loving the motor, always liked the fast, under rated saloons. I am gonna have to buy a second car in November when I get back from Afghan and want to come back to Vauxhall. I will have a budget of around 2k. Been looking at c20xe Nova's etc but really fancy another Cav. Seen a nice GSI in Cumbria for 2k. Anyone have any ideas or know of anything coming up for sale I would be interested in??

Oh and glad to be back!!!
Trig
Site Admin

Re: Hey folks

Post by Trig »

There's a few people selling atm chap shouldn't be too hard to find one
Cavhopper

Post by Cavhopper »

Alright Steve!

Yours was in Wales with Liam for a while, he did quite a lot to get it to a reasonable standard mechanically, but the rust was coming through on the arches and stuff.

He ended up ebaying it, and it was bought by a German and shipped off over there - not heard anything since, but I assume it was broken up.
scaifey22

Post by scaifey22 »

Shame. I loved that car. It never really went wrong in the year I had it, only needed a fuel regulator as it would stall at junctions and the sparks gapping correctly as it didn't boost properly when I first bought it! I've been looking now at all sorts of cars but think I want another cavalier. Car and Classic is a great website. Seen a nice GSI on there and also a few Mark 1 Cav's. My Grandad had a T reg 2000 sport in white with a red interior, would love one of these with a redtop in it. Seen a blue one on Car and Classic for 4k. Bit much for me though! Plus I'm gonna be travelling from Barrow-In-Furness to Raf Marham Sundays and Fridays for work so need a decent cruiser.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hey Steve!! I did have the cav for a good three years i think, as Trav says i did plenty to it and tidied it up a lot but then i needed to buy a new house, for the last time i hope and even with all i'd done to it, it still needed rear arches doing properly both sides and probably would have resulted in a full respray so was easier to take the money and run. It is still alive though, it lives in Germany now but i'm still in touch with the bloke who bought it and its a track car with good power now and will soon be a Nurburgring veteran! I'll be seeing it again next year and having a lap of the ring init, cant wait!
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
MelissaGSi

Hey folks

Post by MelissaGSi »

I don't know of any cav's but I know of a cammed, clean nova.