Hi all!

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
Rupegsi

Hi all!

Post by Rupegsi »

Hi folks. Just bought a car I've wanted for years. A black, early spec almost standard cavalier turbo. I've had my Cav gsi for the last 6 years and it's a great car but I've always wanted a turbo. I've had it for 2 weeks now and have clocked up nearly 500 problem free miles so far. Getting about 22 mpg but I have had my foot down a bit ;). It's got a few issues at the moment like the transfer box and prop are missing and it leaks oil from the sump and crank seal. But they all leak oil dont they? ;) nothing that can't be sorted with time. Looking forward to billing apart from the mud. I got sun burnt last year but don't think im in any danger of that this year.hope to see some of you there. Rupert.
ads

Re: Hi all!

Post by ads »

Hi mate, welcome to CTOC, glad to hear you have aquired a turbo, get some pics up so we can see if we know the car, and your right most of them have oil leeking some where, enjoy your cav turbo mate.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
Rupegsi

Post by Rupegsi »

As requested here's a few picks. Haven't seen it before on this site or any others. The guy I bought it off says he used to be on migweb. ImageImageImageImage
Rupegsi

Post by Rupegsi »

dave955

Hi all!

Post by dave955 »

Very nice
94 cavalier 4x4 turbo 295.2 bhp 350 lb ft dyno demon march 2010
caza

Post by caza »

cant say , as no number plate showing so who knows whos it was
ads

Post by ads »

looks a nice tidy example, but without the reg cant say if we know it or not.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
turbodazz

Post by turbodazz »

Looks nice bud, looking to get the 4x4 up and running again ?
Cavalier Turbo... the best 4 x 4 x far... when it works...
Rupegsi

Post by Rupegsi »

Image Here's one of the back. Might make it a little easier to identify. I thought I'd put that one up earlier but I must have done it wrong. I'm probably going to leave it fwd for now, one less thing to worry about ;) I'm going to buy a dinitrol kit at the end of the month (unless anyone recommends something better). It looks pretty good under there but I won't know for sure until I start wirebrushing. Hope it's all solid. There's a bit of rust where the subframe doughnut bush is but it doesn't look too bad. I'll change the bushes while I've got the subframe out, they look original (read as knackered). There's a few other things I need to look at,( leaky sump, strange knock when I pull off,change foglight lenses ect) but that's half the fun isn't it? :D . I'll try to remember to take some photos and start a wip.
Maracus

Hi all!

Post by Maracus »

Nice car chap and welcome :)
If at first you don't succeed... go and have a bru! :-)
Markb

Post by Markb »

Looks like a nice motor.
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
Rupegsi

Post by Rupegsi »

Well I found the knocking noise. The front gearbox mounting bracket had a bolt missing and the other two were loose!! Lucky I found it before another bolt dropped out. I'll be going round all the other bolts on the car at the weekend in case theres more loose ones. And also fixing the oil leaks. So does anyone know any previous owners of my car? It would be nice to know its history. I know it started life as a BT car but not much after that.