Hi

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
davey j

Hi

Post by davey j »

I've been registered here for a while, but never really got around to introducing myself. So hello, Davey here. Currently rolling around in a 61K miles Black standard Cav T and soon to take ownership of a Silver/Grey 3.0 V6 Saab-converted effort.

Been a fan of the Cavalier for many years, but GTE 16vs and other stuff have always got in the way. Anyway, you ask for one, wait and two come along at once! Typical eh?!

The black one came in as a fixer upper. Head cracked between 2&3 (yawn) and transfer box lunched itself. The head has been replaced with a Coscast item and there are some other bits to sort (i.e Clutch when box is dropped for locked rings).

Luckily no rot on either car. Paintwork in good order too. They are a lot bigger and bulkier than I am really used to, but for the daily grind I can't complain.

Anyway, hello and pics to follow in another section.
ads

Re: Hi

Post by ads »

welcome to the CTOC mate, now your just being greedy with two cav turbos, twice the headache, LOL, as you said Davey get some pics up and a WIP thread.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
muzz

Post by muzz »

Welcome tot he site mate.
turbodazz

Post by turbodazz »

Welcome, its good to account for two more cars. 8-) as said get some pics up so we can have a nose !
Cavalier Turbo... the best 4 x 4 x far... when it works...
C20letlad

Post by C20letlad »

Welcome to the site as for the v6 one we know the guy who built it but his name has slipped my mind lol
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark
ads

Post by ads »

C20letlad wrote:Welcome to the site as for the v6 one we know the guy who built it but his name has slipped my mind lol
The lad that owned the saab v6 cav was a lad going by the username of cavlad on CTOR.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
davey j

Post by davey j »

Indeed, Cavlad AKA Pete Gowland. Turned his back on modified Vauxhalls years ago and got into mountain bikes. If the car has done 1K since the conversion I'd be surprised. I am part way through taking it off him. Small matter of a GTE 16v to get shot of this month and a few other bits and we're there.

The conversion is a neat one. Him, Phil Mayger and Tom Stickland did a lot of engine bay work, Abbott-style bulkhead bracing, etc. The V6 has had the oil cooler blanked off and an external one fitted to bypass the typical cooler dramas. 4x4 is all working with a locked box and, tbh, the car is better for not having the turbo in it. Some view it as sacrilege dropping the LET out, but back then EDS wasn't all the rage and he'd blown 2 LETs up at great expense running Superchips Chip sets.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saab+ ... B640%3B427

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saab+ ... B240%3B160

Link to the car.

The other one is:

davey j

Post by davey j »

ads wrote:now your just being greedy with two cav turbos,.
Often said about the multiple GTE 16v ownership too.

Only one of these beasts is staying put though. The lower mileage unit was only ever a fixer-upper. It needs someone with a one car dedication to take it up a level. I'd like to keep Pete's old one within our group of friends.

I've got a 16v Champion coming in for restoration this summer so a reshuffle of the fleet is once again in order.
SteLowis

Post by SteLowis »

Good to see another black diamond in standard form
John Owens

Hi

Post by John Owens »

Lovely car mate . Best colour too ! Lol ;-) good luck with the rest of your fleet .

Praise the Lowered !
dave955

Hi

Post by dave955 »

Lovely.
94 cavalier 4x4 turbo 295.2 bhp 350 lb ft dyno demon march 2010
davey j

Post by davey j »

The SAAB-equipped 4x4 is being a Bar Steward. Factory alarm decided it would lock, deadlock and then not unlock. De-locked handles............fail!

Managed to crawl in via the boot, but cannot get the doors to open. Oddly, the car will start fine. I am suspecting the main central locking control in the driver door is playing up. You can hear the other doors getting power when you press the button on the fob, but they don't actually pop open.

A friend is popping over Tuesday with a fault-finding kit as it is over my head sadly.

Happy to report the car drives well and the 3.0 V6 suits the car WAY better than the LET does IMO.