Hi, returning to cav t ownership

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Hello Folks,

I was previously on CTOR, but have since seen its gone pop, I did get a load of weird spam from the site a few months back?

Anyhow I've just sold my Skyline GTR and bought my 3rd Cav turbo. It was on ebay a week or so ago, and I couldn't help myself! Been a while since I saw one so clean and original!

I blasted down to get it late Tuesday night, unfortunately all was not well, and the car had all the classic head gasket signs. Mayo instead of oil, running water sound behind dash and steamy exhaust. So with jam well and truly out of my donut, I set off home without it. I only go a few miles and thought 'fook it' went back and bought it for knock down price.

So now its on my drive , minus a head (which is cracked beyond repair) with a shed load of parts on order from Autovaux!

I have a feeling its going turn into s project thread!

So hello, and goodbye for now! :dance:
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Hello and welcome back bowman! A few of the ctor lot are on here plus quite a few new faces!
dave b

Re: Hi, returning to cav t ownership

Post by dave b »

Hi and welcome
I saw that on ebay and thought that looked so nice and original, are the arches really that good as the pictures made out ?
Its a shame about the head but if you got it at a fair price then good luck with the repair
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Cheers Dave, yes it really is that clean!. I havent seen arches like this since the ninties!.thats why i had to have it!
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Welcome,
Another new car thats not on my list, thats 2 in the last week, nice to see there are still ones hiding out there that are new to us...
ads

Post by ads »

welcome back to cav t ownership and CTOC Bowman, looks a really nice clean and straight cav, another turbo in the north east, Ads
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
caza

Post by caza »

talk to rix (turborix) sure this was the car I mentioned , good luck with the car and welcome
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Trig wrote:Welcome,
Another new car thats not on my list, thats 2 in the last week, nice to see there are still ones hiding out there that are new to us...
It was previously L200APG, if that is registered?
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

some pics of my old ones....white was ex Northumbria Police, I cant recall the reg, The red one, I sold to a guy from Scotland via CTOR, VIW 8684

Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

caza wrote:talk to rix (turborix) sure this was the car I mentioned , good luck with the car and welcome
I heard my name being mentioned lol.

I did see this car a few months ago a mate of mine owned it in Leeds. The bodywork was very tidy and by far one of the tidiest Cav turbos around. The arches show that and they're original.
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Bowman wrote:It was previously L200APG, if that is registered?
Nope not got that one either...
SteLowis

Post by SteLowis »

ads wrote:welcome back to cav t ownership and CTOC Bowman, looks a really nice clean and straight cav, another turbo in the north east, Ads
Numbers are on the increase
specks

Post by specks »

I'm sure old ally bought your red one which he has since sold on