Afternoon all

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
SNH

Afternoon all

Post by SNH »

Before I introduce myself can we all pretend to sit in a circle.....a bit like an aa class.

Right everyone comfy?...,

Hi my names si (which is short for simon)
I'm 36 years young (21 in my mind)
I'm local to Mansfield........for my sins
I drive hgv's for a living.........hate it.
And I'm looking to buy a cavalier turbo early in the new year after wanting one for a while.
I've owned everyone form of the cav gsi in the past and always had a passion for them so a turbo is the only logical step.

Thanks for listening your now free to go

Ps I don't drink ;)

It was just a pretend scenario.
C20letlad

Re: Afternoon all

Post by C20letlad »

Lol welcome to the site what budget do you have and do you mind a empty wallet once your buy one lol just ask if you need and advice we will try and help
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark
Markb

Post by Markb »

C20letlad wrote:what budget do you have and do you mind a empty wallet once your buy one lol
You are supposed to be encouraging people Kev not putting them off lol.
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Encouraging but realistic chap, havent you worked that one out yet, you;ve had the car more than a week :lol:
Markb

Post by Markb »

Trig wrote:Encouraging but realistic chap, havent you worked that one out yet, you;ve had the car more than a week :lol:
I know mate, but we want to encourage new members.

Mine has got the radiator off and the clutch cable needs replacing lol.
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
SNH

Post by SNH »

Budget 2.5-3k at a push.

Costs don't put me off tbh, pretty handy with the spanners and have mates with businesses if I get stuck.

It's been a long time passion to own one so it needs done.
Markb

Post by Markb »

At that price I would say that you might be buying trouble / work, but you might be lucky. As the values deviate a lot.
SNH

Post by SNH »

Awaiting pics off trig...........still haha
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Ha yeah, I should probably do that, I need to make soem calls at lunch and swear at people though.
SNH

Post by SNH »

Ha,

No probs.
inbox me on fb if it's easier mate, whenever your ready. I'd call over and look but full on breaking my vr6 at the min
muzz

Post by muzz »

Welcome to the site.
SNH

Post by SNH »

muzz wrote:Welcome to the site.
Why thankyou kind sir
Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

Markb wrote:At that price I would say that you might be buying trouble / work, but you might be lucky. As the values deviate a lot.
2.5-3k is the going rate for Cavalier turbos to be fair. They've been stuck at around them figures for quite a few years. I have yet to see a Cavalier which doesn't need work on it. They're old cars and will need either some bodywork or basic maintenance.
As much as we love Cavalier Turbos and wish they were increasing in value at the moment they're not. End of the day it's still a Cavalier and doesn't appeal to many. It doesn't have the reputation like a Rs Cosworth. But on the other hand you get a lot of car for your money.

Anyway welcome to the site pal, good luck in finding a Cavalier turbo. They're great cars to own. I've had 2 and got my eyes on another at the moment. You can't stay away from them for too long lol.
SNH

Post by SNH »

Turbo Rix wrote:
Markb wrote:At that price I would say that you might be buying trouble / work, but you might be lucky. As the values deviate a lot.
2.5-3k is the going rate for Cavalier turbos to be fair. They've been stuck at around them figures for quite a few years. I have yet to see a Cavalier which doesn't need work on it. They're old cars and will need either some bodywork or basic maintenance.
As much as we love Cavalier Turbos and wish they were increasing in value at the moment they're not. End of the day it's still a Cavalier and doesn't appeal to many. It doesn't have the reputation like a Rs Cosworth. But on the other hand you get a lot of car for your money.

Anyway welcome to the site pal, good luck in finding a Cavalier turbo. They're great cars to own. I've had 2 and got my eyes on another at the moment. You can't stay away from them for too long lol.

Cheers pal,
I've wanted one for years so I need to scratch that itch really. Always had a soft spot for them. I prefer my older cars to these new fangled computer run cars.

I've got my eye on one at the min but I'm limited to what I can do till after Xmas.
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

heyyyy welcome to the site mate