Hi I'm new looking for info on M442 BFE

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
Davecmr

Hi I'm new looking for info on M442 BFE

Post by Davecmr »

Hi everyone,

I used to own M442 BFE around 2003 and was wondering if anyone knew where it was now.

A bit of history..

It was originally a company car, then a mate bought it and finally sold it to a good friend (who sadly passed away) that's when it got 18's, chipped, charge cooler, big speakers in the doors, 3 gauges in the centre vent, Vectra arm rest, Scorpion exhaust etc. He then sold it to another friend and then I finally bought it had it for around a year but unfortunately it melted a piston on me. I had it rebuilt but it had an intermittent fault where it would cut out under boost and we could never figure out what it was. I was finally out of cash and had to part with it, I sold it to a lad who worked at Halfords in York he had it for a short while then I no longer saw it :(

So from doing load of google searches I find a post on here that references it, I'm hoping someone knows something about it or if any of the previous owners have pics of it I'd love to see them!
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trig
Site Admin

Re: Hi I'm new looking for info on M442 BFE

Post by Trig »

I had it for a few years, got it from a guy called Mike Chappel who was in Plymouth, had it for a bit then melted a piston, was then stripped and all the good bits put on another shell I had from another guy in Plymouth called Mike Hayward, but BFE went down south as a rolling shell and is being rebuilt slowly and should be seeing the road again at somepoint.
Davecmr

Post by Davecmr »

So did you just sell the shell what sort of condition was she in? It'd had a full respray around 2001. Have you any pictures from it being stripped etc. I've still got my melted piston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davecmr

Post by Davecmr »

So did you just sell the shell what sort of condition was she in? It'd had a full respray around 2001. Have you any pictures from it being stripped etc. I've still got my melted piston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

I had some welding done on it, normal places, years of being by the sea I guess..

/thread necro