Good afternoon people

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
Spudly

Good afternoon people

Post by Spudly »

Thought id best say hello in here as ive not actually, i think a few peeps will know me anyways from seeing a few of the usernames ive seen about lol.

Not a newbie to owning cavs as my old TD was a well specced Turbo/GSi rep, which i should never have gotten rid of but oh well, i had a vectra V6 SRi after this..

Vectra...

But i never loved like my old cav so i started looking for another when this one came up in sunny scunny (scun-thorpe for those who dont know)

So it was bye bye vectra and hello C20XE SRi hatch woohoo!

Hope im allowed to stay, and i will definately be a turbo owner by this time next year, those who know my will vouch for how much/how long ive wanted on for lol
Andy K

Re: Good afternoon people

Post by Andy K »

Not a bad SRi. :cool:

God my standards seam to have changed over the years lol
Spudly

Post by Spudly »

Considering it cost me less than £500 its a blinder of an SRi, its got 225k on the clock, has a lazy lifter which rattles till warm and a noisy aux belt tensioner, oh and a leaky sump gasket funnily enough lol.

But its in for belt service tomorrow and oil and filter change so she should still have plenty of life in her yet, whats you mean about your standards changing though?
C20letlad

Post by C20letlad »

welcome mate it does look good for that kind of mileage !
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark
Heath

Post by Heath »

Hello and welcome to the site

H :D
Turbodave

Post by Turbodave »

SRi looks indentical to mine, aside for the engine and wheels... badges... interior... ok, so it's a grey SRi hatch and that's kinda where the similarities end. Anyways, hello, welcome... the diesel looked spot on too.
Built, not bought...
caza

Post by caza »

see dave some good things come from SCUNTHORPE , as well as me :lol:
ste porter

Post by ste porter »

letting any old rif raf post threads on here lol
welcome aboard mate

i must admit after throwing my eyes over your cav the other nite its one of the cleanest sri cavs i have seen for a long time
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Spudly wrote: whats you mean about your standards changing though?
Oh I just used to love my GSi's and turbo's and hate SRi's due to their poor spec (mainly prefacelift)

But that is a nice one. Good engine, good colour plus it's not a vectra.

Cracking milage.
Spudly

Post by Spudly »

Andy K wrote:
Spudly wrote: whats you mean about your standards changing though?
Oh I just used to love my GSi's and turbo's and hate SRi's due to their poor spec (mainly prefacelift)

But that is a nice one. Good engine, good colour plus it's not a vectra.

Cracking milage.

Lmfao tell me about it, never ever again, soo glad to be back in a cav, they turn heads just driving down the street its awesome lol

Cheers Ste, riff-raff indeed ya cheeky sod, glad you likes my little winter bus and im so glad to have her after passing it everytime ive been to scunny and thinking, 'want that car' and now its mine, was quite surreal thinking that to myself as i was drying her off after her bath at work the other day :lol:
kcmillar

Post by kcmillar »

hello mate a very clean looking sri there
Spudly

Post by Spudly »

Thought id bump this thread and say hi peeps, kind of fell off the site for a while and havent posted in well over a year :o

Ive been very naughty in that time as i dont have a cav anymore, found out my nice 'clean' SRi, was actually a total bodge and was dangerously rotten, ended up breaking it (and also found the nearside strut top, and the bulkhead/chassis corner wasnt welded and seam sealed for the mot, it was seam sealed and nothing more!!) so unfortunately it is now consigned to the scrapyard in the sky (minus the XE, which kind of fell into my 1986 nova :roll: ) and ive got a 2003 astra mk4 SXi, but of late ive been looking about for a cav GSi for a mate at work and its given me the bug again, im seriously considering selling up and looking for a turbo again, still got the bug and yet never had one :lol:

Ill bung a pic or two up of the astra and nova if anyone is interested (or indeed will talk to me after killing the SRi, but it really was rotten!)
Cavalier-C20LET

Post by Cavalier-C20LET »

theres a few turbos for sale just now , if you liked the sri(even if it was rotton) then you will love a turbo its a diffrent car tbh

ive seen a few gsis for sale recent as well there was a nice one for sale on here i while back but i think i sold on ebay
John Owens

Good afternoon people

Post by John Owens »

Ive said before & I'll say again ,vauxhall fcuked up by not having the colour red as a choice for gsis & turbos :-(
Spudly

Post by Spudly »

Oh i know what turbo's are like, ive driven Ste Porters blue one and spent many a night/weekend passenger in my mates old one years ago, was an ex ctor car in diamond black, awesome beasty that was!

I still miss my old red td, was on sale on here a while ago as i found the ad whilst snooping earlier, someone commented that a lot of time and money went into it, yes it did, i seem to recall i had almost £3k in that cav, hell i couldve bought a turbo the amount i spent on it lol!!

Current daily astra..

And the nova that has the cavs heart..

And a couple of the rot on the SRi, this hole was covered by a layer of seam sealer!

Do miss this cav though..