Dom

Re: New to the fold

Post by Dom »

Turbodave wrote:
Dom wrote:I got it all for the grand sum of £500
Dick...!

:lol:
Thats the nicest thing you have called me since I first told you about it :lol:

Cheers for all the kind coments on the car as I said im really happy with it.
Well since getting it I have replaced/changed the cambelt, tensioner, pullys, pump, coolant, oil and filter, brake fluid and the plugs.
Had abit of an issue with the Immobliser not wanting to switch off but thought I had solved it so booked it in for an MOT tues drove it there which was its first time on the road in 8yrs! made it there no problems done the emissons test pulled it over the pit switched it off and the imobliser kicked in and wouldnt turn off again! so we carried on with the mot whihc it passed with the only problem bein the headlight aim! which I was amazed at for a car that had sat around for so long. I then had to ring up a local auto electrican to come and disconnect all the alarm/immobliser so I could get it home again but even tho I wasnt planning on getting a new alrm yet im still extremly happy with it so tommorow she shall be taxed and put in to use to see how it all goes.
As I said I will start a project thread soon when time allows and there will be lots of questions which will be coming at you all soon as I start to do a few of the little jobs on it and will need some Cav guidence lol

With regards to the Gsi grill I didnt have a clue there was even a facelift version which will also probably explain why one of the headlights sits abit funny and the other is fine :lol:
Dom

Post by Dom »

Oh and a pic of the mk1 as requested :lol: its not the best one but only one I can find on my comp at the mo :roll:

Andy K

Post by Andy K »

cracking lol
specks

Post by specks »

nothing wrong with the gsi grill apart from the shape of it,doesn`t follow the lines of the headlights.
Markb

Post by Markb »

Ah ha I didn't realise that the MK1 Astra was yours, as I saw it on the TV stand at most events last year :lol:
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
m00k

Post by m00k »

love it... wish i cud find summat like that in that nick for the bargain money!!!