New to the fold

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
Dom

New to the fold

Post by Dom »

Hey my names Dom some othe you may know me from other forums (PNG,MK1OC)as anything vauxhall and im there I currently have a Mk1 Astra SR with a c20 let fitted which was featured in TV last may time, another mk1 shell which is a long long term project lol a mk1 Nova which im Building in to a track car, and a Corsa B sri which I got cheap before xmas to get me through winter as a daily which will be replaced by the Cav plus a couple more which are scrappers or my mums (3xmk3s, manta and vectra)

Any way back to the Cav side of things I picked up my first Cav turbo on sunday :D
Shes a 1995 m reg ex police same owner since with 115k on the clocks was last Mot'd in 2003 as the fella I got it from got banned in it back then. He kept it ever since wanting to put it back on the road but never got round to it and finally decided to get rid which is where I came in. Including buying the car the fella reckons he had spent around 12k on it and I have lots of reciepts from Regal and Courtney. It has been run up and moved over the years but had been in its last garage for 3 years and started once or twice. Once we had bought it home I got it running with just some fresh fuel and a Battery :o and have even driven it down my road. Now I just need to do a few bits to recommission it and get it back on the road. Suprisngly with all the years in storage it is in excellnt condition with the rear chassis legs being mint and even the rear arches are solid!
The spec of the car and what I got for my money is as follows
Fully polybushed suspension , Koni adj all round, charge cooler, superchip, full Scorpion exhaust and a de cat pipe for it, Coscast head, Lightened and balanced flywheel. It has had the full leather fitted whicc is in excellnt condtion other than being a little dry. It currently still has the manual windows but I got another complete set of doors with the electrics in them and in the same colour. the car is currently on a set of Vectra Supertouring wheels but I also got the standard set and im sure theres loads of other things iv forgotten.
Now come the bit where you all hate me I got it all for the grand sum of £500 yes 500!!!
So as the saying goes im happy as a pig in s**t :lol:

Below are the pics of it once it was loaded on the trailer I have taken a few more since but they will all be up in a project thread at some point and im sure I will have lots of questions and need a few parts to get it back up to standard. Long term im thinking standard other than power mods and maybe keep the supertourer wheels on it im undediced.
Anyway enough of the esay.

Cheers Dom
Sorry about the quality they were taken on my phone

Liam

Re: New to the fold

Post by Liam »

Hi! Got to say straight away..... £500 quid!!!?!?!! :o i hate you! :lol: anyway nice car that mate looks very clean. Get your details sent to Trig and start up a project thread and see the rest of the site. Cant believe you picked it up for £500 quid.......look forward to seeing progress on this.
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

Good find for £500 of anyones money that...
dave955

Post by dave955 »

love it mate , and keep the wheels on :D
94 cavalier 4x4 turbo 295.2 bhp 350 lb ft dyno demon march 2010
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

welcome

love to see some pics of your astra mk1 8-)
Turbo Rix

Post by Turbo Rix »

Welcome to the CTOC. As for £500 you cheeky bugger ya can't go wrong for that. ;)
ads

Post by ads »

welcome to the CTOC Dom, and to find a cav like that for £500 notes, you lucky b-------, LOL
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
specks

Post by specks »

jammy bastard,looks fairly clean and on vectra st wheels,they actually suit the cav.

just need that gsi grill ditched and the bonnet badge removed and filled if you are keeping the bonnet due to the vents,but one hell of a bargain.
samuelfraz

Post by samuelfraz »

looks like a good find especially at that price looks fairly clean. hope there is no nasty surprises. looks awesome tho well jealous haha
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

and what is wrong with a GSi grill ?
dave955

Post by dave955 »

Andy K wrote:and what is wrong with a GSi grill ?
it doesnt fit properly with facelift headlights
94 cavalier 4x4 turbo 295.2 bhp 350 lb ft dyno demon march 2010
Markb

Post by Markb »

Looks like you got an absolute bargain there mate!

I am very jealous I can't believe the seller didn't let it go for more if he had spent 12K and must have known what some of the parts were worth. Even so bargain I just hope I can find one of these cars for myself :)
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
Turbodave

Post by Turbodave »

Dom wrote:I got it all for the grand sum of £500
Dick...!

:lol:
Built, not bought...
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

Turbodave wrote:
Dom wrote:I got it all for the grand sum of £500
Dick...!

:lol:
PMSL!! £500 man fair play to ya!! :)
If at first you don't succeed... go and have a bru! :-)
martyturbo

Post by martyturbo »

very good billy bargain that matey,nice to see another white one 8-)

tiz the best colour :mrgreen: