new member first turbo cav

Say hello and introduce yourself here.
calcav

new member first turbo cav

Post by calcav »

well there ! i have owned nearly ever type of cav getting my first 4x4 turbo this week :D here s my prob its lowerd on 60s tranferbox light on ands its been unused for 2 years where to start to bring it back to glory :) ?any tips or advice be great thanks...
ads

Re: new member first turbo cav

Post by ads »

hi mate and welcome to the CTOC, firstly i think -60 is a bit to low for a tubby -30to 40 seems to suit them best, also if the transfer box is gone it might ba best to lock the box, as a few have done on here, get up a few more details of the car, it might be known on here, pics would also be nice so we can see which cav it is.
cavalier turbo- once driven forever skint
6/10/2010 254.4 bhp 267 ftlbs torque dyno demon on phase 1
Phase 3.5 coming soon........
Trig
Site Admin

Post by Trig »

-30/-40 seems to be the norm, if its been sat for a while dont give it beans as it'll be on crappy oil and the petrol will be rank, get it home, give it a service, drive it slowly for a bit n see what falls off or stops working and then go from there :lol:
Liam

Post by Liam »

Trig wrote:-30/-40 seems to be the norm, if its been sat for a while dont give it beans as it'll be on crappy oil and the petrol will be rank, get it home, give it a service, drive it slowly for a bit n see what falls off or stops working and then go from there :lol:
Sounds like someones speaking from experience :lol:
Vectra gsi 3.2 - 211.2 bhp. Officially the fastest gsi in west wales.... until proven otherwise HaHa!
C20letlad

Re: New member first turbo cav

Post by C20letlad »

welcome to the site what area are you in as you might be able to pick someones brains for the info !
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark
m00k

Post by m00k »

Welcome to Cav Tubby ownership and eventual bankruptcy!!!!

Great cars... If the tranny box hasn't been destroyed or driven into mush look to mike Hayward for a locking kit!!!

As said a service and check of brakes/ brake lines etc b top of the list!!!

Check which head is on it to to keep eye for 'porous head' and keep coolant levels rite

Irmy or steinmetz did correction bushes for rear arms I fitted them and they helped camber a little can b got direct from Vaux but only meant for 30mm drop
calcav

Post by calcav »

C20letlad wrote:welcome to the site what area are you in as you might be able to pick someones brains for the info !
Ireland very few of them about :cry:
calcav

Post by calcav »

ads wrote:hi mate and welcome to the CTOC, firstly i think -60 is a bit to low for a tubby -30to 40 seems to suit them best, also if the transfer box is gone it might ba best to lock the box, as a few have done on here, get up a few more details of the car, it might be known on here, pics would also be nice so we can see which cav it is.
its a 1994 model. white. cloth interior get pic s up soon thanks for all replies :D
m00k

Post by m00k »

calcav wrote:
C20letlad wrote:welcome to the site what area are you in as you might be able to pick someones brains for the info !
where bouts? north or south?

there's a few members in the north
calcav

Post by calcav »

m00k wrote:
calcav wrote:
where bouts? north or south?

there's a few members in the north
south about half an hour from derry or so!
ken707

Post by ken707 »

Are at least 5 in Co Derry that I know off, Donemana, Plumbridge, mine near Coleraine, all owners been on this site, plus one lying outside for years, getting ruined, at Drumahoe, and a nice Grey one at Dungiven which will be back on the road soon after a respray.
calcav

Post by calcav »

ken707 wrote:Are at least 5 in Co Derry that I know off, Donemana, Plumbridge, mine near Coleraine, all owners been on this site, plus one lying outside for years, getting ruined, at Drumahoe, and a nice Grey one at Dungiven which will be back on the road soon after a respray.
well thats good to hear at least . mine just arrived today so see hown it goes????
C20letlad

Post by C20letlad »

so come on then get some pics up !
6/10/2010---------> GT28 DIED !
12/11/16 noble rolling road

For NGK, the higher the number, the colder the plug.

(CTOC ) = Come To Our Carpark